www.dedoshop.com
Risultati da 1 a 7 di 7
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Pa0l0ne
  • 3 Post By Pa0l0ne

Discussione: Rilasciato Cxbx SVN 174 EMULATORE XBOX1 per PC

Pa0l0ne

Rilasciato Cxbx SVN 174 EMULATORE XBOX1 per PC

In data 10/10/12 è stato rilasciato un'interessante update del miglior emulatore XBOX 1 attualmente esistente per Personal Computer: Cxbx SVN r174

Il progetto CxBx, la cui official page è Cxbx, The Xbox Emulator -> News è stato creato originariamente da Caustik (caustik's blog | programming and music) con la partecipazione di altri Developers: Sop Skrutt, Kingofc, Koitsu, nell'ormai lontano 2003.

Ma cosa me ne faccio di un emu Xbox1 nel 2012? direte voi...

Orbene, emulare una simile console non risulta assolutamente cosa facile ed allego uno spiegone tecnico che forse schiarirà le idee ai più scettici, circa le difficoltà attuative:
    Codice:
                         Originally Posted by blueshogun96                                      
                     "Xbox is just like a PC, it's easy to emulate!"

Yes, we've all heard this silly and pointless argument a million times  and it usually ends in the same, and rather ignorant conclusion (or  should I say assumption) that just because the Xbox is PC similar, it's  hardware should be relatively easy to emulate. That's a very wrong frame  of mind. How hard can it be? Very. Xbox's hardware is very complex and  still poorly documented to this day. This requires some explanation.

1. Is a PC easy to emulate? Well, I wouldn't say so myself. Take a look  at the source code from bochs. A lot of source code/work isn't it?

2. Emulating an x86 CPU is a lot harder than it sounds. I don't know  where this mindless assumption comes from. Yes, there's loads of  documentation on how the x86 processor works, but that doesn't exactly  make it easy. First of all, the x86 instruction set is M-A-S-S-I-V-E!  There can be at least 20 different versions of one instruction (i.e.  There are many different versions of the MOV instruction, as well as  INC, DEC, ADD, SUB, SHR, SHL, AND, OR, XOR etc.) and it takes time to  implement them all. Of course, that's not exactly difficult. The real  problem is that any modern x86 processor including the Pentium III can  execute multiple instructions at once. So it's not like emulating a Z80  doing one instruction at a time. The actual algorithm and how x86 does  this is undocumented and still unknown. In short, the Xbox's CPU can be  emulated, but not accurately.

3. Emulating any hardware by NVIDIA  is not a walk in the park! The Xbox's GPU, the NV2A is often assumed  just a GeForce 3. It's not! It's similar but not identical. It has some  GeForce 4 capabilities too, so it's more of a cross between an NV20 and  NV25. This is by no means easy to emulate either. NVIDIA's  GPUs have very large register sets and afaik not even half of them have  been discovered, and a large portion of known registers have unknown  purposes. There is little to no documentation on how NVIDIA GPUs work.  The best thing to do is to look at similar GPUs such as RIVA, TNT, and  older GeForce cards. Some registers are similar, but not identical. The  best place to look for information is in open source drivers available  on the net. Adding to the dificulty is that no one has ever discovered  how pixel shaders work on NV2x cards, vertex shaders yes though. The  Xbox GPU also has exclusive registers that are not found in other  GeForce cards. Information on the NV2A's GPU registers are just now  beginning to be discovered a few months ago. And yet, there's still a  long way to go. The GeForce 3 series is the most mysterious of all NVIDIA GPUs (G7x and G8x aside) and the NV2A is alot worse. "But can't you just directly execute the NV2A instructions on another NVIDIA  card?". No, I get alot of questions concerning this, and it is  impossible. It's MMIO addresses are different and the exclusive  registers must be emulated. Plus, in windows, we don't have ring 0  access anyway, so you all can scratch that idea now. Then comes the  NForce 2 chipset. This is where it get easier. The NVIDIA MCPX is the  control center for things such as audio, USB for input, Network  adapters, PCI, AGP, etc. These things are not really that difficult to  emulate IMO except for the audio. 

4. The Audio system is rather complex. Xbox's audio consists of at least 4 DSPs, and audio codec (AC '97) and an NVIDIA SoundStorm APU. The DSPs shouldn't be a problem (just figuring out what they all are is) nor should the AC '97 but the NVIDIA  SoundStorm APU is the really difficult part. So far I haven't found any  information on this thing, but right now, it's relevance is low.

5. The Xbox BIOS isn't fully understood. The basic execution process of  the BIOS is understood, but details on the process are at a loss. What  we do know gives us hints, but before the BIOS can be emulated, we'll  need a better understanding of the Xbox hardware layout because the BIOS  does some unknown hardware initialization at boot time and writes to  the hardware directly without using any XDK stuff. It will take some  time, and effort, but I'll eventually get it working.

6. Video Encoder "Hell". Instead of using a RAMDAC for video output, the  Xbox uses a Video Encoder. What makes this suck a pain? Microsoft  sought the need to change the video encoder every other Xbox version  (there are seven in all, 1.0 - 1.6). Why, I dunno, it's a Microsoft  thing, they always tend to try to "fix" things that aren't broken  >.> AFAIK, there are at least 3 different Video Encoders used:  Conexant CX25871, Focus FS454, and Xcalibur. For more information in  Xbox video encoders, click here. Emulating all three video encoders is  only less than half the battle, the real problem is that BIOSes can be  specifically tied to a specific encoder depending on it's version (don't  quote me on this though). Like PS2, every Xbox model revision has a  updated BIOS and has different expectations. This is a potential  problem, but not exactly major.

Basically, I'm trying to get this "Xbox should be easy to emulate  because it's just like a PC" crap out of your heads. I'm sure that most  of you will disagree with me on this, but for these reasons and more, on  a low level, Xbox is harder to emulate than PS2. 

^ The exception to that above is that the NV2A is much better documented  now, but not fully. There's an open source library for the OpenXDK  called pbKit. It interfaces directly with the hardware to fully expose  it's potential. This is what Microsoft should have done all along (or at  least wrote a low-level OpenGL implementation).

Il sorgente originario di questo emulatore è di libera consultazione e reperibile all'indirizzo Cxbx : The Xbox Emulator - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

Negli ultimi tempi, ad opera del mitico blueshogun96 (lo stesso autore dello spiegone tecnico allegato sopra), l'emulatore sembra aver raggiunto degli ottimi risultati e la sua personalissima branch è consultabile all'indirizzo SourceForge.net Repository - [cxbx] Index of /branches/private/shogun
    unitamente al blog dove puntualmente ci aggiorna circa i risultati raggiunti: Blueshogun's Cxbx Dev Blog: More Outrun 2 Progress

Nello specifico, questo update, sembra aver raggiunto un importante traguardo sulla compatibilità di un gioco del calibro di Outrun2. In verità ci sono ancora molti bugs da sistemare e non è ancora possibile entrare nell'ingame play ma le premesse per un traguardo degno di questo nome ci sono tutte!

Per darvi un idea della bontà di questo progetto, una lista di compatibilità è reperibile all'indirizzo: Blueshogun's Cxbx Dev Blog: Cxbx compatibility list (Updated September 24, 2012)

Se invece volete provare voi stessi l'ebbrezza di guidare un Ferrari carrozzata con biondona al seguito e la mitica Magical Sound Shower come colonna sonora, potete effettuare il DOWNLOAD DELL'EMULATORE CXBX SVN R174 DA QUI!

Ultima modifica di Pa0l0ne; 12-10-12 alle 22: 22

Regular Member L'avatar di KMetal
    Per i nostalgici. Peccato che per queste robe prima che diventino veramente stabili per giocarci decentemente ci vogliono moooolti anni e pc veramente prestanti. Per il resto fa sempre piacere sapere che c'è gente che si diverte ancora a programmare emulatori.

Pa0l0ne
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da KMetal Visualizza Messaggio
    ...ci vogliono moooolti anni e pc veramente prestanti....
    Oh beh, non è tanto questione di nostalgia, quanto di incredibile esercizio programmatico e sforzo disumano nel retroingegnerizzare un simile macigno:

...nel 2012...siamo ancora a questo punto...ma ovviamente concordo con te. Ci vuole una macchina davvero prestante: anzi, qualche paio di carriarmati davvero prestanti!!
    Ultima modifica di Pa0l0ne; 12-10-12 alle 22: 37
    Vola, Razorbacktrack and Baccello like this.

Open Member L'avatar di Dexther
    Diciamo che nella scena emulativa molte menti si sono addormentate...
    Pensiamo alla decriptazione della cps3 e poi la xbox diciamo che non se la cagava nessuno se non 3 o 4 persone.
    E come l'emulazione del jaguar , solo pochi sono attivi e per non parlare del 3do...

Per i nostalgici. Peccato che per queste robe prima che diventino veramente stabili per giocarci decentemente ci vogliono moooolti anni e pc veramente prestanti. Per il resto fa sempre piacere sapere che c'è gente che si diverte ancora a programmare emulatori.
    Sto discorso lo sento da quando è uscito il pcsx 1
    Direi che vedendo la scena emulativa posso dirti che ottimi risultati con una macchina da 1ghz puoi far girare un quantitativo di robe.
    Qui si parla di Reversering engine per l'emulatore xbox , ma non mi pare di vedere kernel strutturato a plug ins come n64 e psx e ps2.
    Ultima modifica di Dexther; 13-10-12 alle 05: 07

E' sempre interessante vedere certi sforzi. Io che ne sto scrivendo uno per NES mi immagino solo cosa voglia dire..
    Comunque da nerd appassionato di retrocomputer e retroconsole preferisco andare a comprare queste console per giocarci "dal vivo".
    Infatti nella lista mi manca proprio una xbox1.

Ciao, ho scaricato questo mititco "Cxbx-0.7.9-Pre4-Trace".
    Vorrei sapere una volta per tutte, se è possible giocarci degli ISO, convertiti in xbe con il programma "C-XBox Tool"?
    Grazie infinite, tra tutorial di YT e blog del 2003, ci sto veramente diventando scemo!
    Ultima modifica di Razorbacktrack; 18-02-13 alle 18: 54

Open Member
    paolone! sei un mito! comunque ho letto un po' "il perche'" della difficolta. Ho letto che e' un po' un problema capire dai driver come questo ibrido di gpu lavora. Ma scusa non c'era linux per xbox1? so che ci sono driver opensource per le schede tnt,geforce2/3/4 su linux, non poteva usare quelli?
    Comunque fa piacere che certa gente fa questo grande lavoro intorno agli emulatori! e considero una console modificata senza la possibilita' di avviarli : una mod mancata!

Segnalibri

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  

realizzazione siti internet ed e-commerce mugello

elettricista barberino di mugello />
</a>
</div>

<div id=